Sunday, March 10, 2013

Lessons of a bridesmaid

So, I learned alot this weekend.
(I was in a wedding, just so you know)
(Also, just so you know, I'm skipping all the sentimental stuff I could say because I am not in a sentimental mood........Actually, I am rarely in a sentimental mood....Welll....nevermind. Either be satisfied that this will not be a sentimental post or stop reading now.)

Here is a list of things I learned and what I will do differently:

1) My groomsmen (or my husband-to-be's groomsmen--whatever) will be ninjas. 
There are several reasons for this:

a) They will look really cool coming down the aisle 
(if you can see them, that is)

b) They can do a crazy amount of work in a tiny amount of time. 

c) It's original

d) I like it

2) If I don't wear Converse, I will be going barefoot, even if it is an eight o'clock wedding at St. Paul's Cathedral.
I do not care.

3) The groomsmen and bridesmaids will  at least meet each other even before the rehearsal.
Reasons for this:

a) it may make it slightly less awkward when they have to hand you a tissue in the middle of the service

b) it may make it slightly less awkward if you fall over on them going down the aisle 
(note: no, this did not happen, but it very well could have)

c) the groomsmen will be ninjas and who wouldn't want to hang out with ninjas??? 
(besides my sister...)

4) I will eat food and drink water. 'Nuff said.

So, what will you do at your wedding?
I'd love to hear.
Seriously, if you just read this whole post, you must be bored so tell me about your dream wedding
(or spit out some goofy ideas like I just did!)





**DISCLAIMER** 
I may or may not have ninjas in my wedding... or will I? You don't know!
I will have a meaningful wedding. This post was meant to be humorous and doesn't accurately depict exactly how I want my wedding to be. Maybe someday I'll post about my "real wedding"...if enough people ask....if anyone reads this blog...  

This is the end of the seventh post of Me.


5 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha. And I concur. Ninja groomsmen could definitely come in handy, though I'd settle for a nice solid bloke who wouldn't trip if I tripped. ;) Plus, I think a barefoot bride is an awesome plan. I'm either going with that or bright yellow shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Thanks for commenting!
      I know, right? Where have all the ninjas gone?
      ~Me

      Delete
  2. I already said I was wearing converse in my wedding x( and I want it all to be medieval...actually I'm rethinking the whole idea of everything and thinking of just going to the justice of the peace so I can save money to go to Ireland England and Scotland x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yeah, after this weekend, Danielle said she was going to elope. Not just to save money, but to avoid all the hassle.
      Our weddings are going to be awesome, just do you know ;-)
      ~Me

      Delete